Flood Related Web Links
- Hurricane Flooding: A Deadly Inland Danger
Information about the hazards of inland flooding from hurricanes.
- National Safety Council
Safety, health, and environmental resources. Topics include: emergencies,
disasters, driving, falls, agricultural safety, and safety through design.
- Coping With Floods
by North Dakota State University Extension Service
Fact sheets for dealing with floods before and after. Good tips about common
concerns and clean-up.
- Flood Survival and Recovery Fact Sheets
by Kansas State University Research and Extension
Fact sheets for dealing with the aftermath of a flood. Includes food and
health issues, farming in the wake of a flood, and clean-up.
- Say, what is a 100-year flood? and Why do we have so many of them?
by J. David Rogers
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- IWIN: Interactive Weather Information Network
by U.S. National Weather Service
Local and national weather, warnings, and reports. Also has animated versions
of graphics and weather videos.
- NOAA: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
Current weather, image libraries, weather data, climate data, space weather,
research, maps and charts, and ocean-related information.
- NCDC: National Climactic Data Center
The world's largest active archive of weather data.
Preparation information about severe weather and natural disaster safety.
- Billion Dollar U.S. Weather Disasters, 1980-2001
Severe weather events that have had the greatest economic impact since 1980.